Thursday, October 14, 2010

Treasure Hunting in my own Neighborhood

I have gotten to be such a homebody.  I am close to Wichita which is where I usually go to estate sales and garage sales and only 5 miles from the Maize Goodwill but here recently I had very good luck right here in Colwich and St. Marks.  I went to an estate sale in St. Marks a couple of weeks ago and got all kinds of nice vintage costume jewelry for $1 a piece.  One set, necklace and earrings, has tons of little milk glass stones.  It is gorgeous and I only paid $1 for the whole set.  I won't take this one apart.  Last weekend Colwich had its citywide garage sales.  I went to look for old jewelry and found none but I hit one sale that was awesome.  I bought two vintage barkcloth sofa covers for $2 a piece and two vintage 100% cashmere mens overcoats in mint condition for $1 a piece.  I should put them on ebay but they fit me so I will probably keep them to wear. They are identical and one is brown and the other camel so maybe I will be able to part with one.  One of the couch covers is already on my loveseat. The other has a little more wear and I think I will use the good fabric for pillow shams for my bedroom.  It is a very pretty pink and green pattern.

Now I just need to get my rear in gear and get some of my stuff on ebay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Thanks for checking out my blog. I have been crocheting and sewing for about 45 years. I learned from my grandmother and in 4-H. I started taking knitting classes about 5 years ago and I am obsessed with knitting. I am a self-taught jewelry maker. I also dabble in polymer clay and just about every other craft known to man. I love to go to garage sales, estate sales, flea markets and Goodwill. I love to take old things and revamp them in to something pretty or useful. I love to reuse old sweaters and clothing for the fabric, old jewelry and old home decor items. I like the idea of recycling and I also like to be able to make nice items without spending a lot on supplies. This, as well as being a pro bargain finder, helps me to keep my prices low. I am happy to take requests for special items You can find my items at lisalian.etsy.com.