Thursday, October 14, 2010

DIY Home Redecorating

This is my almost finished bedroom.  My goal after I retired was to get all my home redecorating projects finished.  We redid the kitchen before I retired with new countertops and new floor.  For my bedroom I painted all my old dark 80's furniture white and added a vanity and some vintage dressers which I painted blue and pink.  I covered my mirrored closet doors in fabric.  I painted this wall a really pretty creamy lime color.The other walls ore a pale peachy pink.  I know "shabby chic" is probably on its way out but I still love it and it is perfect for all my collections.  I have moved all my dolls to this room as well as all my milk glass and most of my pastel pottery.  The main thing that I have left to re-do is the floor.  I want rid of the old carpet.  I would like hardwood or laminate but it may be a while.  In the meantime I am working on the master bath.  I painted it a robin's egg blue and put down vinyl slats that look like wood for the floor.  It was really cheap and easy and I was pleasantly surprised at how real it looks.  I may put it in my bedroom as well.  My big project at the moment is putting tile in both bathrooms.  I found a perfect blue tile on clearance at lows and this is going on my countertops in the master bath as well as above the shower.  Joe redid our front or main bath but there are a few things I want to change.  I love the walls which we did in a pearly finished gold.  We painted the vanity , cabinet and hardware all red and I'm not really happy with the red.  It turned out a little orange.  We haven't done anything with the floor yet and I also want to tile around the shower and on the countertop of the vanity.  Lots of projects for this winter.  Now if I could just muster up the energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Thanks for checking out my blog. I have been crocheting and sewing for about 45 years. I learned from my grandmother and in 4-H. I started taking knitting classes about 5 years ago and I am obsessed with knitting. I am a self-taught jewelry maker. I also dabble in polymer clay and just about every other craft known to man. I love to go to garage sales, estate sales, flea markets and Goodwill. I love to take old things and revamp them in to something pretty or useful. I love to reuse old sweaters and clothing for the fabric, old jewelry and old home decor items. I like the idea of recycling and I also like to be able to make nice items without spending a lot on supplies. This, as well as being a pro bargain finder, helps me to keep my prices low. I am happy to take requests for special items You can find my items at lisalian.etsy.com.